Please keep in mind that picture day is in no way mandatory (except for our DAC PAC Team Members), and there is no obligation to purchase photos. However, if you want to be pictured in the group photo that we hang on our studio walls for everyone to admire, you will need to be present. You can still be pictured in the group photo without purchasing, but individual photos will not be taken if you are not ordering.
Amanda Neeley (AMN Photography) is a dance photographer from Atlanta and Mrs. Cameron has used her for many years. As a dance teacher herself, Amanda is fantastic at capturing amazing dance poses and knows how to get the best out of young students! Her pictures are awesome! Because she is great at what she does, and our picture day moves very quickly, there are no parents allowed in the picture room to keep disruptions at a minimum. Our staff will make sure everything runs smoothly and the best possible photo of your student is taken. You can view Amanda’s work here: http://www.amandaneeley.com/
Below are some important reminders for picture day:
– For PAC Team dancers, hair and makeup needs to be done as if you were performing the dance on stage.
– For all other dancers, hair and makeup is at your discretion, as long as hair is pulled back out of your dancer’s eyes (clipped back, half-up, ponytail, bun, braid, etc). Hairstyle and using makeup (or not) is up to your personal preferences.
– PLEASE COME DRESSED IN THE COSTUME STATED ON THE TIME SCHEDULE FOR YOUR FIRST CLASS LISTED. Please wear the tights included with your costumes (if applicable). There will not be a lot of space in Studio B (that we will set up as the changing room), so coming ready to go is ideal.
– FRIDAY (Oak Ridge) CLASSES will have time to change into their costumes and fix their hair, etc. before taking their pictures on Friday evening after class. Parents, please make sure you bring their costume pieces with you to get them ready when class ends before their picture time. They will still take class in dancewear as usual. (All classes on Thursday & Friday at Northern Arts in Summerfield will have class as normal, and their photos are scheduled for Saturday at the Oak Ridge location.)
– Class Assistants – please bring all black dancewear to take an assistant photo on Friday evening. Style of dancewear does not matter (black leotard or black tank/sports bra with black leggings, black shorts, etc.)
– Most classes will be here no longer than 20 minutes, so please try to get your dancer to use the restroom before leaving the house. With only one restroom and a busy day, there could be a line at times.
– Children that have siblings or are in multiple classes might have a break between their picture times. We try to be as accommodating as we can with scheduling, and do our best to get everything close together, but it’s impossible to make the perfect schedule for everyone. Feel free to take your child home or to lunch and come back later if needed. You do not have to hang out between times, but children must be accompanied by an adult and cannot be dropped off at the studio alone unless they drive themselves to class.
– Please be on time for your scheduled photos. If your dancer is not on time, they will not be pictured in the group photo for their class. We cannot wait around because it will throw off our schedule for the whole day.
– If you are a DAC PAC Soloist and would like to purchase a solo costume photo, you can change into it after your last scheduled group time, and we will fit you in! Just be sure to let us know!
Please let us know if you have any additional questions!
Thanks so much!