Our recital photo days to take
Please keep in mind that for recreational students, picture day is in no way mandatory, and there is no obligation to purchase photos. However, if you want your child to be pictured in the group photos of their class that we include in our recital keepsake program books, they will need to be present. You can still be pictured in the program without purchasing. Picture day attendance is mandatory for competitive & performance team students, but purchasing is not required.
Amanda Neeley (AMN Photography) is a dance photographer from Atlanta and Mrs. Cameron has used her for many years. As a dance teacher herself, Amanda is fantastic at capturing amazing dance poses and knows how to get the best out of young students! Her pictures are awesome! Because she is great at what she does, and our picture day moves very quickly, there are no parents allowed in the picture room to keep disruptions at a minimum. Our staff will make sure everything runs smoothly and the best possible photo of your student is taken. You can view Amanda’s work here: http://www.amandaneeley.com/
You can view our program book from a previous year at the link below to see how student’s classes are pictured
Below are some important reminders for picture day:
– For competitive dancers, hair and makeup needs to be done as if you were performing the dance on stage.
– For all other dancers, hair and makeup is at your discretion, as long as hair is pulled back out of your dancer’s eyes (clipped back, half-up, ponytail, bun, braid, etc.) Hairstyle and using makeup (or not) is up to your personal preferences.
– Please come dressed ready in the costume of the first class listed for you (costumes will go home in class during Parent Observation Week — April 12-18.) There will not be a lot of space in studio B (that we will set up as the changing room), so coming ready to go is ideal.
– FRIDAY CLASSES will have time to change into their costumes and fix their hair, etc. before taking their pictures on Friday evening after class. Same with the SATURDAY MORNING CLASSES. Parents, please make sure you bring their costume pieces with you to get them ready when class ends before their picture time. They will still take class in dancewear as usual.
– Star Leadership Class Assistants – please bring all black dancewear to take the scheduled assistant photo. Style does not matter (black leotard or black tank/sports bra with black leggings, black shorts, etc.)
– Most classes will be here no longer than 20 minutes, so please try to get your dancer to use the restroom before leaving the house. With only one restroom and a busy day, there could be a line at times.
– Children that have siblings or are in multiple classes might have a break between their picture times. We try to be as accommodating as we can with scheduling, and do our best to get everything close together, but it’s impossible to make the perfect schedule for everyone. Feel free to take your child home or to lunch and come back later if needed. You do not have to hang out between times, but children must be accompanied by an adult and cannot be dropped off at the studio alone.
– Individual recital photos that are taken that day cannot be used for program ads that are being purchased. We will not have the photos back in time. The photographer only has time to edit and get the group photos back to me before the book goes to print. If you are purchasing ads, you will need to turn in your own photos on the ad website.
– Please be on time for your scheduled photos. If your dancer is not on time, they will not be pictured in the group photo for their class. We cannot wait around because it will throw off our schedule for the whole day.
Thanks so much!